Thursday 8 January 2015

Catching my tail with JYC

Usually I prepare my Christmas Journal in advance....so only photos,journaling and a couple of embellishments need adding to each page.....this year I didn't.
Usually I don't have flu in December....this year I did....which meant I hardly went out for over 2 weeks.....took hardly any photos.....didn't feel very christmasy....and hardly touched my journal.
I could have just let it go.....but I love these journals....and wanted to do something with what I had....so for the last couple of days before I returned to work today.....I've been playing catch up.
 the cover
 Portsmouth historic dockyard Victorian christmas fayre
  the littlies 'waiting for christmas'
 our annual christmas meal out with friends 
W.I. chistmas evening
with pantomime
I always tuck in a handmade card
 the christmas tree always needs including
this year's new decorations
Now I'm working on christmas itself...........at least I have a few more photos of that day.

17 comments:

Kathyk said...

FABULOUS JYC, sorry to hear about you having flu over the festive period - hope you are recovered by now

Best wishes for 2015

Kathyk

K said...

its lovely Jacky, hope you're back to your usual self xx

Sheena said...

Hope you are fully recovered now.
Your JYC is looking fab xxx

Sandra said...

I hope you're feeling all better now. Your album is really lovely xxx

Rachel Brett said...

Fab pages Jacky, glad you are feeling better now. Can't wait to see what you do next :)

Lou said...

Happy New Year - what a shame you had flu, i hope you have fully recovered. Your Journal looks wonderful x

Anonymous said...

Pants that you had flu but you have more than made up for it with your lovely jyc. Love the owl on your Christmas tree.

pinky said...

Ah what a shame Jacky. We had it in December here too and my grandson is still struggling to get rid of it. Your journal is gorgeous, loving the photos. Is that a big album or a small one?

Sandie said...

Lovely Jacky! Glad you have been able to catch up. I've not even started my journal yet - I have full intentions but like you I was unwell before Christmas and my energy has remained low.
I love the photos of your gran children, they do make the time special don't they :)

Sian said...

It's looking terrific. I'm so glad you are feeling better and up to going back and working on a project I know you love

Jane said...

I've still got to finish mine, glad you are feeling a bit better x

Melissa said...

This is turning out great! So glad you decided to put it together anyway, despite the bummer of having flu during the season! Hope your 2015 is off to a great start!

debs14 said...

Sorry to hear you were poorly. Your album is looking fab!

Karen said...

Catching up is working just fine! I didn't do one this year for the first time in 7 or 8 years. I can't tell whether I'll be disappointed or not. Glad you're feeling better.

Helen Philipps said...

So glad you are catching up with your beautiful Christmas journal, Jacky. What fantastic keepsakes they make, and your cover and layouts look wonderful!
Happy New Year!
Helen xox

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Rotten timing. It seemed to hit a lot of folk in the run up to Christmas. Whe it comes to looking back, you'll be so glad you decided to work with what you had. That photo of the littlies is so sweet.

Stephanie Gau t said...

Nice to see the pantomime card, Jacky!