Friday 7 November 2014

Inspired to use the scraps

I manage to 'waste' hours on Pinterest.....see something I like....which takes me onto something else....and something else.....and suddenly an hour has disappeared.
I don't actually pin a massive amount.....and I hate to admit it but.....I rarely use what I have pinned.......so when G and I had a christmas crafting afternoon......I decided to actually go look at my christmas board....and found I'd got a quite a lot of stuff I really liked.
I was inspired by this pin......because it basically uses scraps.....and I've plenty of those.
I used some Brilliance moonlight ink to distress and stamp snowflakes.......some corrugated card for the tree trunk.....and scraps for the tree.
A few gems and wooden stars to finish off.....and the sentiments from part used sticker sheets. Can you see which letter I'd run out of?
Very simple,economical cards to make....though as is often the case.....simple didn't necessarily mean quick!!

15 comments:

Karen said...

I love both of these. I pin quite a bit, and often look at my boards, but frequently the card I end up with doesn't resemble the original all that much.

Melissa said...

Oh I really like this idea. I' just getting starting on a crafty weekend & think I'll start with a card made from scraps! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandra said...

Don't get me started on how much time I lose on Pinterest lol but goes to show its worth it, these cards are lovely :)

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Great cards Jacky. I'm loving white ink on kraft card at the moment. It would work well with strips of washi tape too. You could have joined in with SIPIDI!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh I do love Pinterest! I pin a LOT of things and make a very small amount of the things I pin. :o) I love your cards, Jacky!

Sian said...

I bow to your card making prowess! I tried to make a version of a card like this last year and I just couldn't get it to work. It didn't look right at all. These are beautiful

furrypig said...

I too spend too long on pinterest! Love your cards and I am going to pin them lol!

Alison said...

Love these Jacky!
Alison xx

Beverly said...

Love the card and that it uses scraps!!

Cheri said...

What a fantastic use of scraps! Great cards Jacky.

Becky said...

Really lovely cards :)

Lou said...

these are fantastic..a great way to use those scraps x

Lynne in NI said...

What a great way to use up scraps! These are fab Jacky!

david said...

"Inspired to Use the Scraps" showcases creativity and resourcefulness in repurposing materials. How To Stream Roku With A VPN It is encouraging us to reduce waste, embrace sustainability, and find beauty in the seemingly insignificant.

Benz Well said...

It's amazing how something that might seem useless at first can be transformed into something valuable and meaningful. The author's creative ideas and resourcefulness are truly commendable. When it comes to finding ways to repurpose scraps, it's important to explore various avenues. One such example that immediately comes to mind is finding opportunities to sell scrap cars near me. Instead of letting old, unused vehicles sit and rust away, why not consider selling them to a scrap car buyer?