Friday 18 July 2014

It's that time of year again....

Time for my summer break.....and because I tutor courses in schools and Children's Centres......and finish before them....and start again after them....I'm lucky enough to end up with nearly 9 weeks this year.....though I should point out that I don't get paid when I'm not working!!!
It's very fairly easy for me to waste too much of my break faffing around doing very little.....so I need A LIST to keep me on track and get through some projects.
So this summer I want...
1. to complete Rinda's scavenger hunt.....I'm a bit late starting....though I have got one or   two in the bag
2. to completely sort my craft/study area......I've made a start this week.....3 bags to the charity shop......and drawers and shelves looking a lot tidier....still plenty more to do though.           
3. make more squares for Fiona's Friendship quilt ......it's my turn to receive squares this     month.....and I'm really excited as the first ones have arrived....there will be an upcoming   blog post on that.....this one was for Fiona and I was so pleased with how it turned out....I   want to make a wallhanging based on it this summer.
4. to finish my 2013 scrapbook album.....there's not too much to add to that one....though   this page reminds me I have another bloggers' weekend to go to before my courses restart....yay!!!!           
5. to finish my 2013 cruise album......I'm only about half way through......but I'm only going to do a limited number of pages.....and the other photos will go in divided page protectors             
6. to visit the beach regularly.....I live so close to it.....I should have gone today.....but with our temperature hitting 30.....I decided to stay indoors!!
7. to read a book a week.....I have a pile by my bed just waiting.
8. to sew a patchwork bag.....this has been on my list of things to do for ages.....and with my sewing machine out for the quilt squares.....I need to get over my fears and give it a try ....and I even have a book.....which is full of lovely bags.....and only £2.99 at Amazon
9. do my tax return......so that it's not a last minute panic....yuk.
10. sort and clean all the kitchen cupboards and drawers.....and remove any vintage food   lurking in the shadows!!
11. try and have a day out with a friend each week.....visiting places of interest.....nearby     towns.....renowned coffee shops etc.
I think that might be enough to get started on.....I'll report back each week....which may help me keep on track.

14 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! That's an ambitious list, Jacky, but most of it sounds like a lot of fun!

Cheri said...

Sounds like a lot of projects to tackle! I have a few going on myself. One of which is to re-learn how to crochet.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Sounds like a great list, Jacky! I have been wanting to make a patchwork/quilted bag for forever myself! I have a couple of patterns pinned in Pinterest. LOVE Fiona's quilt square and the fabrics you used in it. Perfect!

Maria Ontiveros said...

A great list! That patchwork bag is really cute. Good job on the sorting; live the phrase vintage food.

Barbara Eads said...

Everything on your list sounds totally doable! And, you have enough fun things on it to keep it from being all work and no play.

Alison said...

Sounds like you will have a fun and productive summer...unlike me!.....it's just too hot here to think about doing anything but the necessities- roll on September (and not just for the Blogger's Weekend)
Alison xx

Sandra said...

You sound like a woman on a mission :) and I do,love a list ... And I do love yours. Good luck

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Lots of great plans there Jacky. Good luck. I love my squares with their seaside theme. My classes are done until I begin again in September too. Not getting paid is definitely a downside, but I'll be glad of the break to recharge my creative batteries!

Abi said...

That is an impressive list Jacky! I like the idea of sewing a bag. I too am excited for the bloggers weekend in September!

Amy said...

You know, when it hits 30C that's when we GO to the beach down here!
I have made your square but I am going to finish one more and send off a batch ... it will get to you soonish, I hope!

Love your kitchen by the way - the tiling looks fabulous. Enjoy every minute of that glorious break!

Linda said...

Sounds like a really lovely summer - enjoy!

Beverly said...

A very full list but they all sound like things that will make you happy and feel lighter by doing them. I loved your wonky quilt square pattern and think a wall hanging will be awesome.

Jane said...

sounds like you are going to be very busy!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh you're going to be busy! I'd start with No 11, then No 6 and maybe No 2!!