Wednesday 26 March 2014

It started with a book...

this book......that DD1 gave me for christmas......I love all the ideas in it......and have spent ages perusing it.....but not actually made anything.
But then I bought an assortment of embroidery hoops very cheaply.
And then this month's 'Mollie Makes' magazine arrived......with a great idea for using embroidered vintage fabric in a hoop.
Then I saw this on Ebay.....just perfect.....with the embroidery threads as well.
And I was inspired to make this
 Using part of the tablecloth.....crochet doilies......and buttons......adding an inspirational quote.
I so enjoyed making this....such a calm and peaceful pursuit surrounded by threads and fabrics and boxes of buttons and beads.....while watching TV.
And yesterday I couldn't resist these in the hospice charity shop.
I think I may have a new addiction......I've already started the second one!!

14 comments:

Sian said...

Jacky, that's beautiful! I've seen great reviews for that book - you are tempting me now..

looking forward to seeing the next one you make

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh, that's lovely Jacky. I can see why you enjoyed making it so much. I'm enjoying hand stitching in the evenings too.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh my gosh, Jacky, I LOVE what you created. Love the addition of the little doilies and buttons - just so sweet! I have several hoops that were part of my mom's collection. Thanks for the inspiration, and I can't wait to see what else you make!

Abi said...

wow Jacky! This is stunning and such a clever use of materials. I love embroidery. I am itching to get my hoop out now!

Karen said...

It's beautiful, Jacky, and reminds me of embroidery I did as a teenager.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful.
luv
Debby

Ruth said...

It's beautiful! I love the colours you chose and the use of buttons.

furrypig said...

oooh that is gorgeous Jacky wow love the colours and what you have made

Amy said...

Oh Jacky, this is just simply lovely! Well done, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you stitch now!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh WOW, what a fab creation!!

Beverly said...

Turned out beautifully and I love the element the buttons added :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great choice for a palette!
Rinda

Jimjams said...

What fun - your colours and quote and embroidery and additions are so pretty - lovely!

Becky said...

Oh, I really like this idea! I love embroidery and haven't done any for ages. Hmm, maybe I'll have to dig some out again now!