Thursday 15 August 2013

Six on the 6th- Part 1

On the 6th of each month S.J.Crafts will be sharing 6 christmas cards with us......challenging us to join in and make 6 of our own. 
I've usually begun making christmas cards long before now.....I have a lot to make.....and usually really enjoy making them.......but haven't made a single one this year.....my cardmaking inspiration has been a bit low in general.....so this was just the kick start I needed.
I thought the best way of going about it was to choose a theme and a few supplies and make all 6 together......more fun......and much easier than 6 totally different ones.
So I started with 3 things.......a paper pad [love this one and will probably use for a lot of christmas cards].......some angel 'german scraps' [why are they called that?!]......and an old children's copy of 'A Christmas Carol' [seemed apt].
The basis of each card was some layered papers, some distressed text and the angel scrap........I then just added bits of ribbon, snowflakes and stars.....and finished with a 'sentiment' torn from the book as well.
So here are the first 3.


Why not join in....you have until the end of the month to add your cards to the link.



12 comments:

Amy said...

I think I have given up on making Christmas cards ... this is an inspiring motivation however ....

Cheri said...

Such an inspired idea Jacky! Love the "distressed text" from the Christmas Carol book.

Lou said...

Jacky, these are wonderful. I'm glad that sjcrafts 6onthe6th inspired you to join in and make your first few Christmas cards this year x

Kathyk said...

I'm surprised to hear you've not made a single one .... till now! These are divine though Jacky.

Sun's come out here - hurrah!

Kathyk

Melissa said...

These are wonderful! I can't believe I actually have six Christmas cards made & stash pulled to make four more and you're just getting started. At least now I'll have someone to scraplift as I go along! (big grin)

Denise said...

These are lovely, I always wondered why they are called German Scraps too!Your cards are gorgeous Jacky,can't wait to see them as you make them x

Anonymous said...

What lovely cards and I too love the inspiration of using the Christmas Carol text.

Alison said...

These are so pretty, Jacky....you have brought back memories of scrap-swapping' when I was at school!
Alison xx

Sarah said...

Hi Jacky
These are fab! I love the way you've used the book text ... a great idea that I might have to try myself!!
Thanks for joining in with "Six on the 6th" and can't wait to see more of your cards each month! Sarah x

Sian said...

I know you are a fellow Christmas lover and it's great to see you getting stuck in to making cards. I think they are beautiful..love the combination of the scraps and the book pages

alexa said...

These are very delicate and pretty and I do like your backgrounds too.

Jennifer Grace said...

These are so beautiful and serene! I love the bows you tied around them, and how you tore the sentiment from the book too. Very lovely! x